Friday, August 21, 2009

Sunday Brunch by Erin Ferucci, Designs 4 Living

By Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer

I admit it! Ever since I saw Julie & Julia I've been in the mood to cook and entertain. Is there anything better than making great food and feeding it to friends and family? Of course I like to keep things simple and elegant, then you get a chance to be enjoy your guests. Total cost: Under $25!
I read Gwenyth Paltrow's blog last week (her site is called Goop) and got inspired to make chicken salad but with my own unique twist. It was simple, delicious and a crowd pleaser.

You simply broil some chicken breasts with garden herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. While that is cooking toast some walnuts in a nice heavy pan (it takes less than 2 minutes but adds a ton of flavor).
Next, chop some endive and break up some English Stilton. Then you need to chop a couple of green granny smith apples. I a large bowl add all of the ingredients with the cooled and chopped chicken and some veganaise or light mayonnaise mixed with some plain yogurt,pepper,lemon juice and Italian parsley. Serve with a fresh toast baguette on the side and you have a delightful brunch meal that can feed 6 easily.
For my brunch I also made a lemonade spritzer using 1/4c. real lemonade, 2/3 c. orange sparkling water and 1/3c. ice cold water. Garnish with mint leaves.
Yum.
Tablecloth: Quadrille fabrics for China Seas; Napkin: China Seas, Pitcher and Glasses: Pier One Imports

No comments: